Here’s another interesting publicity photo I found recently – and I had to look at it “thrice” to make sure it really was – what I thought it “was.” Shown on the wall of the exhibition was a late 1950s fiberglass Enzmann sports car body on display. How fun and creative this looked – as you can see by the person peering inside of the car body.
What confused me was the caption and the text that accompanied it. It identified the subjects in the photo as a “car” and a body for a motorboat. I caught on fairly quickly, compared it to my Enzmann photos and confirmed the obvious – it was a fiberglass sports car body mounted on the wall for display – as I originally thought. For reference purposes, let’s look at a nicely restored Enzmann. Here’s a photo of our fiberglass friend Erik Ouwersloot from California with his wonderful, sporty Enzmann 506:
So let’s have a look at the publicity photo and the short caption too.
Exhibition of Plastic Material
January 25, 1958
In Stuttgart, Germany was an exhibition opened where you could see lots of items made out of plastic. Here you see a car and the body for a motorboat [sic].
By the way, since the show where the photo was taken was a show on “plastic,” I wonder what the sports car shown in the foreground was? Perhaps another lost concept car of its era? Go get ‘em Forgotten Fiberglassateurs and let us know your thoughts in the comment area below.
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Enzmann Sports Cars
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.