Come one, Come all….The Forgotten Fiberglass Gang is heading north in May, 2013 to participate in theCarlisle Import & Kit Nationals. Good friend Marvin McFalls, President of the Renault Owner’s Club of North America, put us in touch with Ed Buczeskie, Events Manager for the Import and Kit National show and the rest is history.
We’ll be heading north in the middle of May and bringing our 1962 Shark / Tiburon Roadster with us for exhibit. What fun it will be to present it again to the public for review
What makes this event even more special is that we will also be holding two seminars on handcrafted cars from the 50s and 60s.
* The first of these seminars will be with Harold Pace, Rick D’Louhy, and myself (Geoff Hacker) and focus on the history of building your own car in the 50s and 60s.
* The second seminar will be with Marvin McFalls. Marvin and I will be discussing Renault-based handcrafted and limited production Renault fiberglass sports cars.
We discussed our first seminar with Harold Pace last week. Today let’s review the seminar we’ll be holding with Marvin McFalls about Renault-based fiberglass specials.
And away we go….
Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals
Seminar 2: Renault Powered Fiberglass Cars
Speakers: Marvin McFalls, Geoff Hacker,
The following information is taken from the Carlisle website (click here for more information):
In conjunction with the French car display in Building R, Carlisle Events is proud to present our special guest Dr. Geoff Hacker of Tampa Florida a collector of Renaults for more than thirty years as well as a leading authority on early Fiberglass and Kit cars. Geoff will be giving a seminar on history of Renault powered fiberglass cars. Geoff will be assisted by Marvin McFalls the President of the Renault Owners Club of North America.
Forgotten Fiberglass Wants You! Don’t Forget To Bring Your Vintage Fiberglasss Car Too
Which of you will be bringing your car to Carlisle in May and be featured on our Forgotten Fiberglass website? Inquiring minds want to know. And…for those of you who will be bringing your vehicle to display…we welcome you and excitedly await the showing of your car. See the links, below, for more information about this event and the instructions on registering your car to participate:
We’re bringing our Renault 4CV-based Shark and… we’d love to see others of this rare breed of Renault based fiberglass specials too – some of which are shown below. Which one of you will attend? I hope as many of you as possible. What a great show and event this will be at Carlisle – our first appearance as well.
So come one, come all…we have just about a month to go and Rick and I are already starting to pack. And then we meet good friend Marvin McFalls there too. And Harold, Rick, Marvin, and I want to meet with all of you! What a fun event for everyone who attends 🙂
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Forgotten Fiberglass Events
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.