At Forgotten Fiberglass, we collect every bit of fiber-scrap of information. The latest piece of today’s puzzle was sent in by resident fiber-expert Phil Fleming and was a seemingly innocuous ad from Sports Car Engineering – or so he thought. Little did Phil know that the date of this ad moved our official “start date” for Sports Car Engineering from 1958 to 1956. Way to go Phil!
Let’s have a look at the three ads we have collected so far for Sports Car Engineering:
Vintage Ads: Sports Car Engineering
We continue to build our database of articles, ads, brochures, photos, and stories each and every week. All of this is building toward creating an online database which we call “Forgotten Fiberglass” so that any of you who visit our website can become experts by just studying what we post and learning from what we share.
And, if you haven’t done so before (or recently) be sure to visit our “Vintage Ad Photo Gallery.” You can do so by clicking on this link here. You can also visit it by clicking on the word “More” at the top menu of our site and finding the link for “Vintage Fiberglass Ads.” You never know what you’ll find as you explore the nooks and crannies here at Forgotten Fiberglass.
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Vintage Fiberglass Ads
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.