As promised earlier, I’ll show “more” and talk “less” about each of the cars that appeared at the Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’ Elegance on August 28th, 2011. Click here to read more about the success of vintage ‘glass at the Milwaukee Masterpiece.
Today’s story features the “1953 Bosley GT Mark I ” owned and loaned by the Petersen Automotive Museum of Los Angeles, California. This car appeared via the hard work and dedication of Petersen’s team including Leslie Kendall, Curator; Tom Kenney, Transportation Collections Manager, and Mary Brisson, Curatorial Assistant.
Bill Hebal who initially found the Bosley GT Mark 1 in the 1970’s was instrumental in working with Leon Flagg of the Milwaukee Masterpiece, in putting together a workable plan to allow the Bosley to participate. Special mention should also be give to Tom Kenney who honored us by attending on behalf of the museum – putting a fitting touch to one – if not the most – important fiberglass “special” built in the 1950’s.
Here’s what was shown in the program about their car:
And now…the pictures!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Cars of the Milwaukee Masterpiece
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: The Bosley GT Mark I
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit of Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.
Click on the Images Below to View Larger Pictures