Just got home from my Forgotten Fiberglass “jaunt” into the Northeast this holiday. Some of the highlights include:
- Ten days on the road behind the wheel of my Suburban with car trailer in tow
- Had two tires “explode”
- Visited lost junkyards across New England
- Got in a small accident (other car vs my car trailer – my car trailer won)
- Saved two vintage fiberglass cars: A McCormack and US Mark II
- Saw the last Kurtis Sports Car (KSC) ever built
- Checked out a possible daily driver – 1954 Kaiser Manhattan
- Visited New York City – Manhattan – just before Christmas and walked all around mid-town
- Stopped to see ice and snow
- Got a bad chest cold and lost my voice
- Celebrated Christmas with Bob Murray and family
- Visited multiple car collections including the Bulgari (watch) and Odell collections
- Visited America on Wheels Car Museum in Allentown Pennsylvania with good friend Paul Sable
- Checked out a lost Glasspar G2 which hadn’t seen the light of day for 30+ years
- Checked out Bob Murray’s cool car collection including a Victress C3
- Spent time with good friends Scott Odell, Marshall Foxworthy, and countless others
- Spent time with newly met friends and family
- Visited an alien spacecraft
- Drove over 3200 miles (about 300 miles per day – Rick D’Louhy would be proud of me….)
- Used just over 300 gallons of gas
- And much, much, more…
I hope the holiday was just as restful for each of you 🙂
In the spirit of the season, I thought you might enjoy a different way of conveying today’s message, so here it goes…
‘Twas the night after Christmas, and all through the car
Not a creature was stirring, all noise seemed afar…
When outside my window, there arose such a clatter,
I quickly looked backwards to see what was the matter.
To the side of the road, I turned like a flash,
Jumped out of the car and rearward I dashed
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But another blown tire – my third of the year!
With great speed and alacrity, so lively and quick,
I changed that tire and was off in a Nick.
So when I got home I was surprised to see
Another mystery car featured on “Bring a Trailer” for me
So it’s with this e-mail I send to you late this year…
Click on the link below, enjoy the comments and have good cheer:
And….here are some visual highlights of 2011’s Forgotten Fiberglass Fantastic Voyage:
I can hardly wait until next holiday season, 2012.
What other mystery ‘glass lurks out there across America that needs saving??? And who might participate on my next trip??? So many possibilities….and so many of you out there ready, willing, and able to join me 😉
Hope you enjoyed the story and pictures, Happy Holidays from Forgotten Fiberglass and have a great New Year.
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: And Nows For Something Complete Different…
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.
Click on the Images Below to View Larger Pictures