We’re going to have some exciting information to share about the Shamrock sports convertible. I’ve just located two owners of these cars, and the company – The Wilbur Curtis Company – is still with us and going strong. They are happy to help with sharing more information about the history of these cars, and I look forward to sharing this new information here at Forgotten Fiberglass.
Today’s story focuses on the brochure for the ’59 Shamrock, and is from the collection of Alden Jewell. It’s with great appreciation that I express my great thanks for Alden’s sharing of such a cool piece – and quite rare too. This is the first Shamrock brochure I’ve seen – and I’ve been looking into fiberglass artifacts and memorabilia for quite some time. Alden truly is the consummate collector.
Let’s examine the Shamrock brochure in detail. Click on any of the pictures below to make them larger so you can more easily review the detail.
The 1959 Shamrock Brochure
Thanks again to Alden Jewell for making this story possible. There’s more to come on this neat “Irish-American” car, and I hope I can make all of us “Shamrock Experts” by St. Patrick’s Day 2012.
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Shamrock Sports Cars
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.
Click on the Images Below to View Larger Pictures