Phase 3: Chassis & Mounting Points of Body
During this phase restoration issues of the chassis are addressed including mating the body to the chassis. Ride height over the tires is also addressed.
- Remove components from chassis such as electric wires, drivetrain, brakelines – in preparation for sandblasting and painting
- Strengthen / modify chassis as needed
- Paint in single stage enamel black glossy paint
- Determine and address ride height of body over chassis with final weight of body considered.
- Rim / tire size needs to be addressed before ride height is determined
- Assess spring rate for car – front and back
- Address steering design, steering box and column
Phase 3 Outcome
Chassis cleaned, painted and re-assembled